3/17/09

Food Log

I've been tracking what I eat for the last few days, specifically the carbs, protein, fat, fiber and fluids. I've done this before, and I'm usually surprised at how well I actually eat. I'm not within the guidelines (50-60% of diet in carbs, 10-15% in protein, and <30% in fat) but I'm darn close, this time more so than the last, so I'm eating better. No one is more surprised than I. In fact, were it not for a certain "donut incident" the other day, my averages would even be better.

Mmmmmm.....donuts.

They really are sort of disgusting, if you think about it. These light, sweet, airy breads fried and covered in a solid glaze of sugar or injected with a highly sweetened fruit gelatin. Yuck. But put a box in front of me, and look out. The smell is compelling, sure; but for me, there is something about biting through that sugar crust, breaking that shell. It reminds me of a walk on fresh snow, fresh footprints on virgin territory.

Of course, that begs for some sort of Freudian analysis of donuts...or me...but I'm not going to do either. I don't want to spoil my childlike joy in donuts, for one; and I barely know you.

1 comment:

  1. Best description of eating a donut I have every heard.

    ReplyDelete