7/9/09

Keeping things fresh

No, not produce, but ideas.

I cook every day, both at school and at home. I probably spend more time every day cooking than I do anything else - including sleeping, it seems like. Every day I come home with some new technique or knowledge about how to prepare food.

But a lot of times, when it comes to dinner, I'm completely out of ideas. If someone were to just dump a pile of ingredients in front of me, I could come up with something, but left to my own devices, the well of ideas is empty.

Unfortunately, the lack of ideas seems to be extending to this blog. Probably wouldn't be the case if I spent less time cooking and a little more time sleeping.

Well, if anyone has any ideas about what to cook - or what to write about - let me know.

I'm going to take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Saw reviews for two new books and thought of you-

    Catching Fire: How Cooking Made us Human by Richard Wrangham
    An Edible History of Humanity by Tom Standage

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/10/AR2009071001680.html

    ReplyDelete